What is Functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine is personalized medicine which focuses on prevention and underlying root-causes instead of symptoms for serious chronic disease.
We start by asking the right questions through specific questionnaires which can be completed at home at your leisure. This helps direct our practitioners to recommend the testing which will uncover the root cause(s) of your symptoms. Your life story is a key tool for integrating diagnosis, signs, symptoms, and evidence of clinical imbalances.
Clinical Imbalances Can Include:
- Hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalances
- Oxidation-reduction imbalances and mitochondropathy
- Detoxification and biotransformational imbalances
- Immune imbalances
- Inflammatory imbalances
- Digestive, absorptive, and microbiological imbalances
- Structural imbalances from cellular membrane function to the musculoskeletal system
The DaSilva Institute is a leader in functional medicine. Our institute is recognized as a center of excellence for chronic disease.